Creating food nutrition labels can feel like a daunting task. It doesn’t have to be! With the right label printing company and a little research into the requirements for food nutrition labels you will be on your way to creating an effective, clear, and proper food nutrition label for your product. To help you design your food nutrition labels we have provided you with some helpful tips below.
- Where should the nutrition label be placed on the product? The placement of the food nutrition label is important. It can be placed with the ingredient list and name and address. Typically, this is placed on the information panel, which is to the right of the PDP (usually what the consumer sees when the product is on the shelf).
- Can the product name be included in the food nutrition label? No, it cannot. It can be included above the food nutrition label.
- What should a food nutrition label look like? Most food products are required to have a food nutrition label that has a specific look. There are some requirements for the type face and style. Some requirements are:
- The heading needs to be larger than the other prints on the food nutrition label.
- The heading needs to be between 8- and 13-point size.
- The heading should be the width of the nutrition box.
Here at LPS Labels, we are very experienced and knowledgeable in creating and printing food nutrition labels. We are happy to help you in any way we can. Give us a call today to start the process of creating your food nutrition labels.